Monday, January 21, 2013

A Look Back at 2012 - Part 1


Yippie-Pie-Yay, Come 'n git it!The year 2012 has come to an end despite the predictions of those Mayan mathletes. Why would we start a business when the world was going to end you ask?



Mayan Calendar ImageFirst of all, we are not superstitious… yet! And second of all, what better time? Why not go out reaching for something you are passionate about? So the world didn’t implode or whatever it was supposed to do (there are other theories and interpretations of the prediction but I won’t go into that now) and here we still are. Almost 6 months ago to the day, we (Courtney and Linda) baked the first Yippie-Pie-Yay! Here’s how we remember it.

Where did the name Yippie-Pie-Yay come from?

Linda: Naming pets for me has always required a bit of trial and error. I once changed a cat’s name from chat noire to pounce and finally to Ambush a year after I got him. I am guilty of the same when naming cars. Yes… I name my cars too, currently a VW GTI named Blanche.  

Yippie-Pie-Yay though was just there. The name seemed to sum up so much for us. The original idea was to begin with a food truck/wagon but we quickly saw the advantage of getting started using the recently passed Cottage Act

What’s in a name indeed? The name inspired us and on a sunny day in July, we scribbled out the concept, business plan, and logo ideas on napkins at 9 Million in Unmarked Bills. YPY was born.

Courtney: This was truly all Linda. I was just there to order (and drink my share of) many additional rounds of Manny's. We got ridiculously drunk at noon on a Saturday. 

Stay tuned for Part 2 - Licensing


No comments:

Post a Comment